The Shine Family

The Shine Family
GO PAC GO!!!!

Saturday, November 29, 2008

I've got plenty to be thankful for...

That is one of the songs from one of my all time favorite movies, "Holiday Inn". It could be a favorite because I have this sick crush on a dead wife beater (Bing Crosby), but it also could be that it is just a good movie. Either way, that song has been playing in my mind all week. We do have soooo much to be thankful for. It is sad to think that these things are often overshadowed by our lust for "more". I have to be honest, I have been a real pain in the butt lately. I haven't been lusting so much after stuff, but man do I covet a good nights sleep. A friend of mine has a 4 week old baby that just slept 6 hours straight. it was hard not too be envious, when we are STILL waking 5 and 6 (sometimes more) a night. So, when I was thinking about how terrible my plight is, God set me aside and said "Look what you have. Why don't you start praising me for all these things rather than bitching about that 1 little thing?" Since then, I have been trying to just focus on how blesses I am. Here are some visuals into my heart for the rest of you to enjoy.


FAMILY
(we are thankful for all our family, but many couldn't be here with us. :( WE MISS YOU!!

.
SWEET FACES. (I think Ja'el is throwing gang signs in this one)

.WINE AND CHOCOLATE
Reese and Mema are enjoying a new invention: Oreos dipped in Merlot! Tastes like truffles!
Ja'els Thanksgiving face

No comments: