The Shine Family

The Shine Family
GO PAC GO!!!!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Swimming lessons


I have a fish for a daughter. I had a small inkling that swimming would be her thing when she would yell "BATHTIME!!" every time we crossed the long bridge and completely bypass all the toys at the park and head for the lake when we are at city beach. She is a water baby. I kept trying to describe swim lessons to her this morning and afternoon, but I dont think she really got the full picture until we were at at the gym, looking at the Olympic sized pool, full of "friends" swimming and splashing. She was literally squealing with excitement. There were about 9 other parent/child pairs in the group for our first swim lesson tonight, but none happier than my daughter and myself. Daddy came and joined us for a little while before starting his own workout and was able to capture some of the excitement. Although she didnt cry when we got out of the pool like I was expecting, she talked about it the whole way home. We cannot wait until our next lesson on Thursday!

No comments: