The Shine Family

The Shine Family
GO PAC GO!!!!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy 6 Month Birthday Coco

or
Please Dont Ask Me If My Baby Is Sleeping Through the Night Unless, Of Course, You Want to See Me Freak Out

I wish I had a great many lovely memories and anecdotes to relate to you all this month but alas, we have had nothing but illness and teething. I think we are on our 3rd bout with germs, including a few ear infections. Praise the Lord for chiropractors, though, for both Jael and Collette overcame without any need for a doctor or antibiotics (yuck! And more quickly too.)

Coco has discovered her "barbarian yawp" this month. It sounds so poetic in reference to Whitman, but really, it is ear piercing and oh so very loud. There is no question now whether or not she is a part of the Loud Family. I am still unsure of what it means though. It seems to mean everything from "my diaper is dirty" to "Where is my big sister?" to "Hey, look what sound I can make!" Ugh. I hope she discovers a new sound soon because my ears are bleeding.

We did have a nice reprieve from the ordinary when Jon's dad Lolo and his fiancée came to visit for a few days. The girls really enjoyed having another playmate and I got to learn a few Filipino recipes from a master.


Praise the Lord (for a lot of things) for mostly for Coco's first tooth that cut the day after her 6m bday. She has been working on this tooth for about 3 agonizing months and I have to say that I cheered aloud when I saw and felt the tiny thing poking through her red, swollen gums. And then, the very next morning, Tooth #2! Now maybe she will sleep for a little longer than an hour and a half at a time. A girl can hope!

And just for fun, here is a pic of JBean at 6 months:

And Coco at 6 months:

No comments: