The Shine Family

The Shine Family
GO PAC GO!!!!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Merry Christmas!!


We are doing things a little different this year when it comes to Christmas cards. Since I have been on a "consume less/ spend less" kick, most of you will not be getting the traditional Christmas card. I think it was realizing that most of the cards will just be thrown away after the holidays, and I simply HATE TRASH!! (Unless you are all like me and keep all the cards for years and years, but don’t have any idea what to do with them after the names have since changed, the families have grown larger, or you simply just don’t know the people anymore.) Granted, cards are not smelly, nor do they attract the small rodential beasts that we have been massacring under our kitchen sink, but still.
Believe me, this hurts me more than it hurts you. My traditional self is yelling "what about 20 cards? What if I just limit it to 20 this year?" I love the thought of me sipping hot cocoa, listening to White Christmas as I address each letter to each of you. But then the rational Leah whacks the sentimental Leah upside the head and yells back "At the rate of cards and stamps these days, 20 is a good 20 Bucks! That's a week’s worth of diapers right there!" Argument settled albeit a little pouting from sentimental Leah.
Therefore, although I am still thinking of you and loving you and wishing you all a very Merry Christmas, it will have to be via internet rather than the USPS this year. It is faster, anyway.

Here are the pictures that I would have been including in your Christmas card.



Anway, please message me and let me know that you love me and forgive me for not sending a real Christmas card this year. (Sentimental Leah is also Neurotic Leah and gets very flustered about the possiblility of hurting someone's feelings.)

With that, have a Blessed Christmas and have a Christ-filled New Year!!

3 comments:

View From My Window said...

Beautiful! You're forgiven... postage is outrageous.

Cheri said...

still love you!
and i go back and forth about it too. why do i want to spend all that money to send a card to someone that hasn't bothered to call/make contact all year long and vice versa?
hmmm. i may have to think this through again. :)

Unknown said...

Adorable pictures of the girls!