The Shine Family

The Shine Family
GO PAC GO!!!!

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun


When Jon decided that he was going to go on 2 “man-trips” in a row, one to go camping in the Black Hills and another on a long fly fishing trip, Ja`el and I decided that it was high time we had a “girls only” trip (who wants boys with us anyway!). We wanted to go somewhere fun, but not so far that we couldn’t drive. What better place than to Grandma and Grandpa’s house and then over to see her favorite “Ja`el’s” (Note: they are no longer “Ja`els” but “Crameron and Tristan” Sad to see her baby words go.). Although I was a bit nervous to drive all that way alone with a 2 year old, I was completely prepared to when Mema came to the rescue. She decided to join us for the drive and the visit. And good thing she did. Although Ja`el was awesome, 10 hours is a LONG time to be stuck in a car. So, after a few setbacks, we all piled into our trusty Outback and road tripped all the way down to Boise to see Grandma Karen, Grandpa Jim and Aunt Erin. We met my sister and her kids there, who joined us for dinner and then took Mema back to Twin Falls with them, while Ja`el and I stayed in Boise for a weeks worth of shopping, going to the zoo, the park and playing in the water! We had such a great time and I wish I had taken more pictures to share, but, again, I was having so much fun, I forgot to bring my camera in most cases. I did get a few shots, though.
Although she enjoyed looking at the real animals, Ja`el LOVED the fake ones.

Here is Grandma and Ja`el at the lake. Two of her favorite things in the world.
After we left Boise, we met up with Mema at my sisters home in Twin Falls. What adventures we had there! We went to the fair (“Crazy round and rounds!” she laughed when she saw the rides as we pulled into the parking lot), on a hike up in the South Hills, and lots and lots of quality cousin wildness.

Playing teeter totter during a break on our hike
The Three Musketeers, Idaho style
I love it!!
First roller coaster ride. Look at the smile on this face!
First corn dog. She didn’t know what to do with it, at first. She just looked at me like, “what the heck am I supposed to do with this?”
Not a huge fan of the goats.
It was a great two weeks! Cannot wait to do it again!!

No comments: